GEORGIA MAGAZINE STAFF
- Laurel George - Editor
- Jennifer Hewett - Managing Editor
- Gayle Hartman - Production Manager
- Kevin Braun - Associate Editor
- Amy Schneider - Associate Editor
- Jim Jess - Associate Editor
- Lindsay Penticuff - Associate Editor
- Mae Coleman - Staff Assistant
- Amanda Ouzts - Subscriptions; (770) 270-6500
- Harold Chambliss - Advertising Representative; cell: (678) 906-4050
- Trudie Thibodeaux - Design/Layout
- Kerstin Weis - Design/Layout
- American MainStreet Publications, National Advertising Representative; (800) 626-1181
Have a question or story idea for one of our departments?
- Around Georgia – email@example.com
- Calendar – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contests – email@example.com
- Curious Georgia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currents – email@example.com
- Gardening – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgia News – email@example.com
- Hometown Heroes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liberty Notes – email@example.com
- Picture this? – firstname.lastname@example.org
- My Georgia – email@example.com
- Recipes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snapshot – email@example.com
- Trivia Contest – firstname.lastname@example.org
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please include your name, address and phone number. Letters may be edited for clarity and space. Email email@example.com.
HAVE AN IDEA FOR A FEATURE STORY?
Story ideas or leads should be submitted in writing (via postal service or email). Please allow 6-8 weeks for response. Including photos with the submission helps in the planning and review process.
Georgia Magazine assumes no responsibility for unsolicited material. Manuscripts, photographs and artwork must be accompanied by self-addressed, stamped envelopes with sufficient postage to be returned. Georgia Magazine does not guarantee publication of material received and reserves the right to edit any material published.
Email ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS
1) If you receive the magazine through your local EMC, please write or call that office directly; 2) If you have personally subscribed, mail your address change to Georgia Magazine Address Change, P.O. Box 1707, Tucker, GA 30085-1707. Please include a copy of your current mailing label with any correspondence, if possible.
ADVERTISE WITH US
- Harold Chastain - Advertising Representative; cell: (678) 906-4050
- Our national advertising representative is American MainStreet Publications; (800) 626-1181
SUBMIT AN EVENT FOR THE PRINTED CALENDAR
Georgia Magazine publishes a community Calendar of Events each month in its print edition. Listings are due on the 15th, three months in advance of your event's month (example, submit December events by Sept. 15 or before).
Email your event listings to email@example.com and please include the following information: Name of event, dates, venue, town. Brief description. Direct link to the website with up-to-date information. Public telephone number.
Our readers may want more information, so it’s important to have your website up-to-date and to provide a phone number for readers who may not use the internet.
Event listings are subject to space availability, so we also encourage you to enter your event in our online calendar.
If you have questions, please call our calendar editor, Pam Keene, at (770) 965-3340.
SUBMIT AN EVENT FOR THE ONLINE CALENDAR
Our readers love hearing about things to do around our state! We welcome representatives from cities, CVBs, civic groups, local venues and other individuals to share events in our online calendar.
To post an event, you must first register for an account. On the Calendar page, click the green "Post Community Event" button and then the link to register for an account. A welcome email to help you finish establishing your account will be sent back to you. Once you enter calendar items, they will stay behind the scenes until a magazine staffer has reviewed it. (Please keep calendar entries brief; all entries are subject to editing. We reserve the right to reject events. Please note that profanity is not allowed.) Events are reviewed weekly. Once approved, your local event will appear in our online calendar.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT A SNAPSHOT PHOTO
Send a high-resolution digital photo—along with all names of children pictured, with parent or guardian names, city of residence, electric co-op (if served by one), phone number and mailing address—to email@example.com. Photos become the property of Georgia Magazine and cannot be returned.
SUBMIT A MY GEORGIA STORY
Reader-submitted column focusing on meaningful Georgia experiences. Stories should be no longer than 500 words; photos of author are required for publication. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital images must be 300 dpi. Writers of published stories receive $100.
SUBMIT A GUESS OR PHOTO FOR THE PICTURE THIS? CONTEST
To submit a photo: Send your original, high-resolution digital photos of locations that are easy to identify but not too prominent (such as the Big Chicken in Marietta or Stone Mountain) to email@example.com. Photos become the property of Georgia Magazine and cannot be returned. To make a guess: Email your guess and your name, mailing address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT ANSWERS FOR THE TRIVIA CONTEST
Trivia questions and rules for the contest are published in the print and digital editions of the magazine. Email your answers along with your name, mailing address and phone number to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAGAZINE
Contact your electric cooperative first; they may send the magazine by request. Or, send check or money order for $10 (12 issues) or $16 (24 issues) to Georgia Magazine Subscriptions, 2100 E. Exchange Place, Suite 510, Tucker, GA 30084. Please allow 6-8 weeks for first issue.
SIGN UP FOR THE MONTHLY E-NEWSLETTER
Stay informed about Georgia Magazine's upcoming stories, contests and more! Subscribe or manage your current preferences by clicking here.
PURCHASE A BACK ISSUE
The cost is $3 per copy, based on availability. Send check or money order with issue date, quantity requested and return address and phone number. You also can browse our online archive of magazines dating back several years by clicking on the “Back Issues” button on the main navigation bar of our website.
CONTACT YOUR ELECTRIC CO-OP
A list of electric cooperatives in Georgia can be found on Georgia EMC's website at georgiaemc.com/page/GeorgiasEMCs.